Monday 5 October 2015

Sayers Sister, Northbridge


Sayer's Sister is a cute cafe tucked away in Northbridge, it has a cute cosy atmosphere and its decked out in quirky vintage furniture. Their menu includes some classic brunch options and they've also added a few interesting options of their own. After hearing so many good reviews, it was inevitable that we try this place out.

Since Megan isn't back from Europe yet, I decided to take my lovely mother seeing as she loves quirky cafés and has always wanted to food blog with me!  


Leek & Parmesan Croquettes ($19)

I would very happily eat this for breakfast everyday! The crispy croquettes with a gooey centre along with the perfectly poached eggs and the creamy sauce was a match made in heaven. Both my Mum and I agreed that this was our favourite dish of the day. If you're looking for something warm and hearty for breakfast with a twist, then this is the choice for you. This dish deserves a solid rating of 9.5/10


Lamb Two Ways ($23)

Having lamb for breakfast is definitely out of the ordinary but Sayer's Sister has shown that it can be done in the right way. The sweet potato hummus and flat bread brought a very Middle Eastern vibe to the dish, whilst the pearl barley salad, beet and fennel chutney added a fresh and zesty element. The difference in texture of the shredded lamb and lamb sausage was quite interesting, both styles of lamb were delicious and very tender, however we enjoyed the lamb sausage more. We give this dish a rating of 8/10


Overall Review

After being busy for a while and eating at a few "meh" places, I had a bit of writer's block, but I'm glad to finally feel excited about a restaurant! The breakfast menu is very comprehensive and has a great variety, I could definitely appreciate the creativity and thought that went into it. The prices were all very reasonable and the customer service was lovely. I can't say enough nice things about this place, so I'm giving it an overall rating of 9.5/10



Click to add a blog post for Sayers Sister on Zomato


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Food Enthusiasts. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY labinastudio.